Morningstar’s SunKeeper solar controller provides a low cost regulated output directly from the solar module to maximize battery life in small solar power applications. The SunKeeper is epoxy encapsulated and rated for outdoor use. By mounting directly to the module...
Morningstar’s SunKeeper solar controller provides a low cost regulated output directly from the solar module to maximize battery life in small solar power applications. The SunKeeper is epoxy encapsulated and rated for outdoor use. By mounting directly to the module junction boxand wiring through the junction box knockout, the connection is weather-proof. This eliminates the need for an additional housing for the controller.
Key Features and Benefits:
- High Reliability - Rated to 70°C to operate in high temperatures at the solar module. More reliable than controllers mounted inside the junction box. Uses very low on-resistance power MOSFET’s. No need to re-rate.
- Outdoor Rated - ETL approved for outdoor use without an additional enclosure. Rugged IP65, UV resistant case. Epoxy encapsulated printed circuit board and watertight connection to the module junction box.
- Extensive Electronic Protections - Fully protected against reverse polarity, short circuit, overcurrent, lightning and transient surges, high temperature and reverse current at night.
- Longer Battery Life - Series PWM with 3 stage charging: bulk, PWM regulation and float. Includes temperature compensation at the controller or alternatively at the battery when using optional remote temperature sensor. Able to charge a zero voltage battery.
- Rated for Hazardous Locations - Specifically designed for solar power systems in the oil/gas industry. Approved for use in Class 1, Division 2, Groups A,B,C,D.
- More Information - Bi-color LED is easy to read from the ground when the solar module is pole-mounted. Indicates solar charging, regulation, normal nighttime operation and any controller or system faults.
- Easy to Install - Fits standard half inch conduit knockout (PG 13.5, M20) in module junction box. Quickly fastens with included locknut. Wires have fork connectors for easy connection to solar module terminals.
Rated Solar Input
SK-6: 6 amps
Nominal System Voltage 12 Volts Minimum Battery Voltage 0 Volts Maximum Solar Voltage 30 Volts Self-Consumption (Charging) 7 mA Self-Consumption (Night) 2 mA Battery Charging Regulation Voltage 14.1 Volts (at 25°C) Float Voltage 13.7 Volts (at 25°C) Type of Charging Series PWM - 3 Stage: bulk, PWM and float Operating Temperature - 40°C to + 70°C Dimensions 3.9" x 2.0" x 0.5" (99mm x 51mm x 13mm) Weight 0.25 lbs (0.11 kg) Fitting to Module J-box PG 13.5, M20, 1/2 inch conduit Wire Size #14 AWG (2.0 mm2) Wire Terminations #8 fork connectors