Morningstar’s SunKeeper solar controller provides a low cost regulated output directly from the solar module to maximize battery life in small solar power applications. The SunKeeper is epoxy encapsulated and rated for outdoor use. By mounting directly to the module junction boxand wiring through the junction box knockout, the connection is weather-proof. This eliminates the need for an additional housing for the controller.
Key Features and Benefits:
- High Reliability - Rated to 70°C to operate in high temperatures at the solar module. More reliable than controllers mounted inside the junction box. Uses very low on-resistance power MOSFET’s. No need to re-rate.
- Outdoor Rated - ETL approved for outdoor use without an additional enclosure. Rugged IP65, UV resistant case. Epoxy encapsulated printed circuit board and watertight connection to the module junction box.
- Extensive Electronic Protections - Fully protected against reverse polarity, short circuit, overcurrent, lightning and transient surges, high temperature and reverse current at night.
- Longer Battery Life - Series PWM with 3 stage charging: bulk, PWM regulation and float. Includes temperature compensation at the controller or alternatively at the battery when using optional remote temperature sensor. Able to charge a zero voltage battery.
- Rated for Hazardous Locations - Specifically designed for solar power systems in the oil/gas industry. Approved for use in Class 1, Division 2, Groups A,B,C,D.
- More Information - Bi-color LED is easy to read from the ground when the solar module is pole-mounted. Indicates solar charging, regulation, normal nighttime operation and any controller or system faults.
- Easy to Install - Fits standard half inch conduit knockout (PG 13.5, M20) in module junction box. Quickly fastens with included locknut. Wires have fork connectors for easy connection to solar module terminals.
Rated Solar Input
SK-6: 6 amps
Nominal System Voltage 12 Volts Minimum Battery Voltage 0 Volts Maximum Solar Voltage 30 Volts Self-Consumption (Charging) 7 mA Self-Consumption (Night) 2 mA Battery Charging Regulation Voltage 14.1 Volts (at 25°C) Float Voltage 13.7 Volts (at 25°C) Type of Charging Series PWM - 3 Stage: bulk, PWM and float Operating Temperature - 40°C to + 70°C Dimensions 3.9" x 2.0" x 0.5" (99mm x 51mm x 13mm) Weight 0.25 lbs (0.11 kg) Fitting to Module J-box PG 13.5, M20, 1/2 inch conduit Wire Size #14 AWG (2.0 mm2) Wire Terminations #8 fork connectors
We ship twice daily, Monday through Friday (except holidays). Items are usually shipped the day we receive payment before (3pm, CST). Estimated shipping times for the United States:
- Expedited Free Mail: 3-5 days
- Priority Mail: 2-3 days.
- Express Mail: 1-2 days.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.